meet Far East
If you have seen my last recipe „Chanterelles with homemade Tortellini“ you maybe know that I do love to combine traditional dishes from different countries. At this recipe I was inspired by the traditional Italian kitchen and the tasty fruits from the far east. I did combine my favourite Italian dessert Panna Cotta with a strawberry lychee sauce. To get a little bit tropical feeling I add some coconut flakes. I love to serve this recipe in a martini glass and decorate it with carambola (also known as starfruit). This fruit is juicy and have sweet-sour note.
for 4 Portions
1 Vanilla pod
250 ml Milk
300 ml Cream
50 g Sugar
4 leaves white gelatine
100 g Coconut flakes
200 g Lychee canned
200 g frozen Strawberries
50 g preserving sugar
1/2 bunch Mint
1 Carambola as decoration
1) split the vanilla pod open lengthwise and leave to infuse in the milk. Mix this with Cream, Coconut flakes and Sugar. Bring it to boil and cook it at low heat for about 20 Minutes.
2) Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes, press it out well and mix it into the milk. (it should not boil)
3) Put the panna cotta cream in an form and put it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
4) Drain the lychees and reserve the liquid.
5) Mix the lychee juice with preserving sugar, bring it to boil, and cook it 4 minutes.
6) Add the frozen Strawberries, mix them with the lychee sauce and cook it for about 10 minutes at low heat.
6) Chop the mint and mix it with the lychees and the sauce.
Do you like the recipe and would you like to see more combinations like this?