Italian cuisine meet the russian technique
This recipe contains a part of my childhood and my passion for italian food. I often made "Pelmenis" with my parents and my grandma as a child. Pelmeni are the russian version of Tortellini. Both dishes are nearly the same. The differents are the small details like: for Tortellini you use olive oil, the filling is a little bit different and the Pelmeni are heavilyer seasoned.
Today I show you how to make Tortelini with the Pelmeni-technique. For the filling I use a vegetarian Ricotta-Tomao-Filling. After cooking Tortellini I rost them gently and serve them with chanterelle.
Ingredients for 2
400 g flour
90 ml watter
1/2 tbsp. olive oil
200 g ricotta
4 tbsp. tomato paste
1/2 bunch of basil
400 g chanterelle
4 garlic cloves
1 red onion
olive oil for browning
1) Mix flour, watter, olive oil and 1 tsp. salt and knead it to a smoth dough
2) Chop basil and mix it with tomato paste and ricotta. Add some salt and pepper
3) Wrap the dough so to get a roll and cut them in small pieces
4) Shape the doughs into round and flat pieces
5) Put a teaspon of the filling on the dough Teig and flip the dough in the middle
6) Press the edges together.
7) Cook the Tortelini for about 10 minuts in slat-watter
8) Chop the garlic and the onion and brown them
9) Add the Tortelini to the garlic and the onion
10) Then you can add the chanterelle, salt and pepper